Need help with wiring issue.

saffer

To all Vulcan Nomad owners out there ( I have a 2002 Nomad 1500 FI) hoping you can point me in the right direction-pretty clueless on the electronics side of things.

Just purchased a trunk with LED spoiler-it has wiring attached,which is for an additional brake light. Can anyone tell me which is the best ( and easiest) spot to splice

into ,in order to get the LED's running. I have read up a bit- some are saying the rear brake light can be tapped into directly- others are saying fuse boxes etc.

Appreciate any advise. Think I'll keep my day job.

many thanks.

Tap into the brake light circuit.

Tapping into the fuse box will not trigger the LEDs to come on when you hit the brakes, it will just have them lit the whole time the bike is on/running

Here is a response from the Vulcan Riders forum:

Any place that is convenient. Under the seat is probably the easiest as there should be slack there and it's out of the weather.

Anybody who tells you to try and tap into a brake (or turn signal) light at the fuse box.......should be avoided for electrical advice in the future. redface.gif

No special considerations needed to ADD LEDs, just need to get the polarity right; one way it will work, the other it won't. 
That is for LEDs that are made for 12 V operation.....which those should be.