Motorcycle Trailer - single or 2 wheel

Old Skool

Has anyone had experience with both of these types of trailers? I want to buy a trailer for an upcoming 2week trip to Cape Breton and not sure what to buy. I have a Kawasaki Voyager if that makes a difference. If anyone has one for sale I would be interested to hear also. Need o buy ASAP. Cheers

Old Skool :D

Thanks Pest I appreciate the offer and may take you up on that! One of the reasons I asked about the different trailers is the hitch. The single wheel requires a different one than the two wheel. I have to buy a hitch and wiring also.

A 2 wheel trailer will hold more 'stuff' over a single wheeled version.

If all you are looking for is a simple cargo trailer, then your cheapest buy is a Harbor Freight Tag-Along trailer kit. If you print off a 20% off coupon, you'll save 20% off of their sale price, if it happens to be on sale. Buy it and bring it back in the shipping boxes and no RIV is required. Stay down in the States for 48+ hrs and each of you are allowed $400 CDN duty/tax free.

I bought a 40"x 49" Harbor Freight trailer for $142 with coupon and a friend gave me a car top cargo carrier. Some time spent with a friend with a welder and I cobbled together a cargo trailer that suits my needs well, for roughly $350 all in.

You can read about the build - HERE.

It tows great behind my bike!

8761441562_47dc614a74_n.jpg 8761442072_23a1bf5e79_n.jpg

If I had to do it all over again and I didn't have access to a welder, then it would be a "No Brainer" to go with the HF Tag-Along trailer kit!

Dusty

Thank you VE and Dusty for your comments. I pulled the trigger and put my money down on a Third Wheel Trailer. I wanted something easy to tow and not to bib, I don't camp so didn't need that much capacity and the fact you can roll it into a motel room with you was a plus. Going to be a couple of weeks to get as the company is moving locations but can't wait. I think the single wheel is pretty cool also. :D