Replacement Batteries

Mr_D

Besides going to a dealership does anyone have any other ideas where a person I could get a replacement battery for my 1983 Yamaha Venture?

Hey Darryl, Theres a place in Kitchener on Lawrence Ave called The Battery House. I think they will be able to help you if you wanted to come into Kitchener.

Hey Darryl. I got battery for my 86 at Batteries R Us in Woodstock. Around 100 bucks cheaper than the dealer wanted.

There is a place in Hamilton, I got a battery for my wife's bike years ago and it was a direct replacement for her bike, and it cost $55 with a great warrenty.

Acme Battery

475 Parkdale Ave N,

Hamilton ON,

L8H 5Y4

No worries Tom. Canadian Tire no longer carries the Battery for my bike. But I do appreciate letting me know.

With the newer style of batteries will not allow you to use the battery option on an older Venture. The bike needs to have a hole to send the electrolyte prope to send a signal to the computer. If you don't use the probe you will have a red battery light on the dash.

Since 90% of batteries are completely sealed now, you may have to make some hard decisions. A perminate light on the dash or find an old style battery or attempt to drill a battery.

With the newer style of batteries will not allow you to use the battery option on an older Venture. The bike needs to have a hole to send the electrolyte prope to send a signal to the computer. If you don't use the probe you will have a red battery light on the dash.

Since 90% of batteries are completely sealed now, you may have to make some hard decisions. A perminate light on the dash or find an old style battery or attempt to drill a battery.

Thanks for that info. That explains why the battery right now looks like the hole was made bye hand the probe goes into now.

Thanks for that info. That explains why the battery right now looks like the hole was made bye hand the probe goes into now.

A little bit of black electrical tape will solve the red light issue ;)

A little bit of black electrical tape will solve the red light issue ;)

Or a less destructive idea might be Black Nail Polish. LOL

Hi Darryl, I also got a battery,16amp, at royal distributing 3 yrs ago for 69.00. I hear u usually get about 3 yrs out of a battery,,but this one is still goin strong going on its 4th year.

The last 2 batteries i got for my 86 Venture, one from bike shop and the other last summer from Batteries R Us, had the probe hole in them. And came with a new probe.

:D:D:D:D:D:D
The last 2 batteries i got for my 86 Venture, one from bike shop and the other last summer from Batteries R Us, had the probe hole in them. And came with a new probe.