It is with great pride that I announce our CMC family is growing once again! This time we are welcoming our newest chapter into the fold! With relentless effort from Bill Boyd Irma and Marilyn Denyer please welcome CMC 093 Nackawic NB to the CMC!! Congrat ×

ROYAL STAR VENTURE BRAKE UPGRADE

Mr. Haney

For those that have 2ng generation (99-present) RSV.I just swapped out stock 2 piston calipers for a set of 2007 roadstar 4 piston calipers along with the 14 mm master cylinder.This was an upgrade that venturerider.org had posted on....WHAT a difference.....bike now stops faster with more control..simple bolt on job..R1 and R6 calipers old style not radial also work..hardest part was bleeding system.....picked everything up on stealbay.

Now have complete set of calipers ,lines,master cylinder from 2008 Royal star venture for sale...also R6 set of calipers for sale as well ....pm me for cost.....just wwant to get some money back

This an upgrade that yamaha should have done....largest of their bikes with the weakest braking system.

Glad it worked out well for you Les. You keep upgrading that bike and someday it will be as good as the old 86 venture. :o:D Dave

When you gonna post your new sig pic so i can see what i have to build towards :lol::oops:

Here's a rear view of it, taken when we stopped off in Bobcaygeon, after doing the Elephant Lake Rd on Sunday. .....

8110199594_23f8253922_n.jpg ... ... < Clicky

Glad you got them on and bled, Les. Did you have to bleed the MC at the banjo bolt?

m/c just cracked it a little.....took forever to pump up pads...lots of air...got help to do final bleed on calipers ..no air..will see tomorrow if spongy