Silencing aftermarket mufflers

Good Day: I was "forced" to buy some aftermarket (read cheap) mufflers for my 1990 Yamaha Venture Royale...not wanting to fork over the cash for MORE 22 year old original pipes....

These after-markets are MUCH louder than the originals and I'm looking for a way to quiet them down....is there a material I can put in the mufflers (fireproof of course) that would reduce the amount of road noise? I already have tinitis and these pipes (even with the earplugs) are making the ringing worse!

I don't want to do any welding or tearing apart to install different baffles....I'm trying to avoid taking these new pipes apart.

I bought MAC mufflers as they were the only pipes on the market that still fit the 90 Venture without having to alter them.

Thank You:

Chris.

Good Day: I was "forced" to buy some aftermarket (read cheap) mufflers for my 1990 Yamaha Venture Royale...not wanting to fork over the cash for MORE 22 year old original pipes....

These after-markets are MUCH louder than the originals and I'm looking for a way to quiet them down....is there a material I can put in the mufflers (fireproof of course) that would reduce the amount of road noise? I already have tinitis and these pipes (even with the earplugs) are making the ringing worse!

I don't want to do any welding or tearing apart to install different baffles....I'm trying to avoid taking these new pipes apart.

I bought MAC mufflers as they were the only pipes on the market that still fit the 90 Venture without having to alter them.

Thank You:

Chris.

I just picked up a wrap/stuffing for my wifes bike. On hers I pulled the baffles out and wrapped them as tight and with as much of this material as could, You clinch it all down by wrapping masking tape around it and slidding back into muffler.

Works well still little sanp but much, much less annoying as before. Picked it up at a dealer was around $13.00 for package, have enough left over to do another set of pipes. I assume ot is fiberglass as probably shoulf have worn gloves when handling, picked shards of this stuff out of hands for days. :shock::shock:

Can't think of name of product but can check when get home of you want.

I would definitely appreciate knowing the name of the product. Not sure if I can remove the baffles or get them back in...these pipes are weld sealed.

I would definitely appreciate knowing the name of the product. Not sure if I can remove the baffles or get them back in...these pipes are weld sealed.

www.flyracing.com

I bought the silencer pack, $12.95 :D

I would like this to be a "one-time" job....I couldn't find the "silencer pack" on the fly racing site....

You can only jamb the earplugs so far in!

Doesn't matter where I could get the baffle packing material.....the baffles are NOT removeable on these pipes...so there's really no solution....(bigger earplugs?)

Guest Tomahawk

It may take a little reworking but when I blew the exhaust of my 83 goldwing I fitted a set of road king slip on's to the head pipe, I had to make a short pipe to make the connection but they sounded real nice and you can pick up road king slip on's for 50.00 bucks a set all the time. It was worth it for me