It is with great pride that I announce our CMC family is growing once again! This time we are welcoming our newest chapter into the fold! With relentless effort from Bill Boyd Irma and Marilyn Denyer please welcome CMC 093 Nackawic NB to the CMC!! Congrat ×

2009 kawasaki 1700 voyager new pipes??????

Greg and Carol

I had a 1600 Nomad a couple of years ago. It had V&H pipes and the air intake had been modified so it had pretty much a direct air intake through the K&N filter and of course the pipes had less back pressure than the stock pipes. Seems that only doing one modification (either intake or exhaust) usually doesn't require any sort of aftermarket fuel injection device because the air flow through the engine is still somewhat restricted. My bike had the Cobra FI and it was fun making adjustments and seeing what happened :D I can't vouch for other systems, but the Cobra wouldn't let the system get leaner than stock so no fear of burning out the engine.

If the 1700 air intake is the same as the 1600, then there is some serious air restriction going on (in from the left, through the cyliners, then a 180 degree turn), which means it will meet air quality regulations, but doesn 't allow the bike to make the power it is capable of.

Regards,

One thing to change exhaust, but changing the air filter and fuel packs, will change the mileage. What most people try to do is to get allot of performance from these big touring bikes, you can, but then you are hindering the main thing about a touring bike, touring. You are now limiting the mileage for fuel. If you want performance, wrong reason for this style of bike. I changed the mufflers on mine, to Rienhart, for a bit more thump in the exhaust, and nothing else. I won't put a fuel pack on or change to a K&N, for this one change I still get over 415kms per gas tank, and the bike sounds awesome!