DRIVE SPROCKET CHANGE

Vatman

Yes, I put the "Scootworks" front pulley on my 2007 Vulcan 900LT at 16,000km. It lowered the RPM at highway speeds. It also corrected the speedometer which was 6% out according to my GPS. BUT, it also squeeked. I put 26,000km on it waiting for the belt to seat in and the squeek to go away. I tightened the belt, and loosened it and tightened it again. I tried cleaned it and tried silicon spray, and even got mad and put grease on it and the damned thing would squeek, and then sometimes I would ride for an hour with no squeek, but never knew when it would happen, and it always came back. It drove me insane. :evil: Finally, I went back to the stock pulley this summer. Now I notice the speedometer error, but am aware of it and ride knowing that if the speedometer says 100, I'm really only doing 94. I also notice better acceleration and more power around town and through the mountains. Best of all, the squeek is gone. :D

Something funny though, my buddy here bought the same bike within a few months of when I did. He put the same pulley on and never got the squeek that I did. Neither of us know why. :? He has since moved on to a CVO Road Glide, but I'm happy again with my Vulcan and will hang onto it for a while longer.

Personally, I would not recommend this change to someone unless they ride in a flat place where you are on the freeway doing 115km/hr all day (not most of BC 8-) ) because it does lower your RPM at highway speeds.

If you would like this Scootworks pulley, I will sell it to you at a really good price. ;)

• 2 years later...

I put that on my Vulcan 900, and never had that problem, even when I did ride in the mountains. I liked that bike a lot, and still have no complaints about it, even though I decided to upsize to the Victory.