It is with great pride that I announce our CMC family is growing once again! This time we are welcoming our newest chapter into the fold! With relentless effort from Bill Boyd Irma and Marilyn Denyer please welcome CMC 093 Nackawic NB to the CMC!! Congrat ×

DRIVE SPROCKET CHANGE

Vatman

Yes, I put the "Scootworks" front pulley on my 2007 Vulcan 900LT at 16,000km. It lowered the RPM at highway speeds. It also corrected the speedometer which was 6% out according to my GPS. BUT, it also squeeked. I put 26,000km on it waiting for the belt to seat in and the squeek to go away. I tightened the belt, and loosened it and tightened it again. I tried cleaned it and tried silicon spray, and even got mad and put grease on it and the damned thing would squeek, and then sometimes I would ride for an hour with no squeek, but never knew when it would happen, and it always came back. It drove me insane. :evil: Finally, I went back to the stock pulley this summer. Now I notice the speedometer error, but am aware of it and ride knowing that if the speedometer says 100, I'm really only doing 94. I also notice better acceleration and more power around town and through the mountains. Best of all, the squeek is gone. :D

Something funny though, my buddy here bought the same bike within a few months of when I did. He put the same pulley on and never got the squeek that I did. Neither of us know why. :? He has since moved on to a CVO Road Glide, but I'm happy again with my Vulcan and will hang onto it for a while longer.

Personally, I would not recommend this change to someone unless they ride in a flat place where you are on the freeway doing 115km/hr all day (not most of BC 8-) ) because it does lower your RPM at highway speeds.

If you would like this Scootworks pulley, I will sell it to you at a really good price. ;)

• 2 years later...

I put that on my Vulcan 900, and never had that problem, even when I did ride in the mountains. I liked that bike a lot, and still have no complaints about it, even though I decided to upsize to the Victory.