Inexpensive source for Gates Goldwing GL1500 timing belts

Dusty Boots

I do all my own maintenance work on my GL1500 (including tires) and it will soon be time to change out my timing belts again. I last changed them out in 09, but I have put on over 110,000km since then and I like to change them out every 140,00km, or so.

If you have ever checked out what mother Honda wants for a set of new timing belts, you'll know that they are expensive. (Typically $140 for the pair) :o Even quality aftermarket belts for them up here are spendy.

I use quality Gates T-275 replacement belts on mine and they cost me over $28 each at a US NAPA parts store. They typically only stock 1, so you have to call ahead and order in a 2nd one.

I recently found a cheap source for the Gates T-275 belts, at Amazon.com, where the pair cost me only $29.54 and I got free shipping to my US shipping address. Seeing as my shipping address is in NY State, I got charged $2.58 tax, for a grand total of just $32.12, delivered to Hamburg, NY.

If you are not sure how to change your timing belts out, here are a couple of good tutorials which explain/show you what all is involved. You can save yourself a lot of money by doing the work yourself. Not all that hard to do, just pay attention to the details. :idea:

Timing belt replacement tutorial on Steve Saunders Goldwing Facts.com

and at Rudy's Goldwing Photo Guide and Links

Set aside a good afternoon to complete the job. Happy wrenching. ;)

Dusty

Maybe you should order a case of them Ken, I would pay you $50 bucks for a set to make it worth your while to be the Canadian Distributor. :D:D

Guest Tomahawk

Napa in Hamilton keeps them in stock. Or at least they did a year or so ago I changed mine with the napa ones. They had Gates stamped on the belt