dirty pipes

i have new pipes on my bike and the other day it was raining so put on rain suit and the suit touched the pipes what can i use to clean them without wrecking them apprecaite any help

easy off oven cleaner

Yep,good old regular easy off.Spray on the pipes,leave over night,wipe off in the morning.Just be careful not to get any on aluminum. :)8-)

A good old canadian penny works wonders too. Make sure it's a copper one though (check it with a magnet).

Just warm up the pipes, and scrape the gunk off with the penny.

Copper is a softer metal than chrome and therefore won't scratch the chrome. US pennies and some of our newer ones are made of brass and they WILL scratch since brass is a harder metal.

Cheers,

Lou

A good old canadian penny works wonders too. Make sure it's a copper one though (check it with a magnet).

Just warm up the pipes, and scrape the gunk off with the penny.

Copper is a softer metal than chrome and therefore won't scratch the chrome. US pennies and some of our newer ones are made of brass and they WILL scratch since brass is a harder metal.

Cheers,

Lou

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i guarentee it can be removed w a product called blue which can be p/u at powersports with barely any rubbing at all. As a matter of fact it has even cleaned rust off of chrome pipes

Guest Tomahawk
I use #000 steel wool, (not sos pads) from canadian tire comes in a bundle about one foot long, just tear off a piece and rub lightly it will also remove rust and will not damagae chrome. I do not have a garage so I use it often

I know the feeling no Garage. Sucks eh? This year tho I bought a backyard 10x10 awning/gazebo at crappy tire and put it up in the driveway to park the bike under LOL. wife thinks I'm nuts LOL.

It worked well and the bike stayed totally dry except the worst storms. Keeps alot of the dust and crap off too

Just a thought

Later

Tom