Valkyrie VS Goldwings

Guest AeroNorth

Guest AeroNorth

I can't see it selling for anything less then $13,000 Cdn. A comparable one could be bought south of the border for anything from 8 to 10 grand US, but bikes are quite a bit cheaper down there to start with.

If you haven't already, you may want to check out this forum on Delphi

http://forums.delphiforums.com/valkyrie/start

One of my favorite bikes, and one that I intend to have one day is the Valk Interstate, but as I basically never ride two up anymore, mine will be stripped down like the one shown on the left in the picture second from the top on the Valkyrie forum.

I have the same bike and year. You might want to see what accessories it has on it. They are getting harder to find honda oem accessories. I have been looking for a CB for my bike. They don't make them anymore so if it has 1 they were about $1500. to have that on the bike. I bought mine 2 years ago with 17000 kms for $12000. I like the ride of the valkyrie than the old 1500 goldwing. You can't compare it to the new 1800 goldwing. That is a much smoother ride and has better handling and a bigger engine. If you want to PM me when you have more details of the bike I could give you a better idea on price. If it is stock or has accessories on it.

Guest AeroNorth

Typically, bike accessories are worth a whole lot more removed and sold separately off the bike, then they are on the bike.

Case in point... There is a 2000 Valk with 24,000 miles on it, and it looks like it has pretty much every available accessory, including the CB Radio listed on the Valk forum for less then 10 grand US.

Just an FYI: Most bike Dealers will give you nothing more for a bike then what the bluebook says on a trade-in no matter how many aftermarket accessories are on it, nor will insurance companies if the bike is wrecked, destroyed in fire, or stolen. In some cases, certain insurance companies will insure add ons, but expect to pay much higher premiums.

Yes if it has alot of accessories you can get more by taking them off and selling them. Just depends on what you want the bike to look like. Some people do not like alot of accessories. Others like to customise their ride. Alot of people change the seat. Ultimate seat has different seats for different sizes and weight of the rider. They do have a stock high seat hight and are top heavy for someone under 5'8" and could use a low boy from Ultimate seat. Shop around. There are great deals out there. Typically a honda will go over 200000 kms so really low kms don't matter that much. The tires are going on 10 years old and probably will need to be changed. You don't want to have a tire blowout with only 2 wheels. Mine had cracks between the treads on the front tire but still had lots of tread left. You are looking at around $900.00 installed for 2 new dunlop elites. Check out the Valkyrie riders forum and read up on the bike and advice from owners. There is a lot of good information there.

Thanks Aeronorth, the pictures are amazing. Add these bikes to the list of dream bikes I wish I could own!

I can't see it selling for anything less then $13,000 Cdn. A comparable one could be bought south of the border for anything from 8 to 10 grand US, but bikes are quite a bit cheaper down there to start with.

If you haven't already, you may want to check out this forum on Delphi

http://forums.delphiforums.com/valkyrie/start

One of my favorite bikes, and one that I intend to have one day is the Valk Interstate, but as I basically never ride two up anymore, mine will be stripped down like the one shown on the left in the picture second from the top on the Valkyrie forum.

$900.00 for 2 tires installed? Wow that is pricey!!!!!

Yes if it has alot of accessories you can get more by taking them off and selling them. Just depends on what you want the bike to look like. Some people do not like alot of accessories. Others like to customise their ride. Alot of people change the seat. Ultimate seat has different seats for different sizes and weight of the rider. They do have a stock high seat hight and are top heavy for someone under 5'8" and could use a low boy from Ultimate seat. Shop around. There are great deals out there. Typically a honda will go over 200000 kms so really low kms don't matter that much. The tires are going on 10 years old and probably will need to be changed. You don't want to have a tire blowout with only 2 wheels. Mine had cracks between the treads on the front tire but still had lots of tread left. You are looking at around $900.00 installed for 2 new dunlop elites. Check out the Valkyrie riders forum and read up on the bike and advice from owners. There is a lot of good information there.

Guest AeroNorth

"$900.00 for 2 tires installed? Wow that is pricey!!!!!"

Yes, that sure is. That is why some Valk owners have gone to the darkside. 65 - 80,000 kliks on a rear car tire, compared to 12,000 or so from a motorcycle tire amounts to a lot of saved $$ on rubber and labour over the life of a bike. I am not yet completely sold on the handling that a car tire may offer, and the question of sidewall safety kind of gnaws at my common sense button, but those who run them say they handle great.

Car tires on a sidecar rig, yes. Car tires on a 2 wheeler? You are asking for control issues.

"$900.00 for 2 tires installed? Wow that is pricey!!!!!"

Yes, that sure is. That is why some Valk owners have gone to the darkside. 65 - 80,000 kliks on a rear car tire, compared to 12,000 or so from a motorcycle tire amounts to a lot of saved $$ on rubber and labour over the life of a bike. I am not yet completely sold on the handling that a car tire may offer, and the question of sidewall safety kind of gnaws at my common sense button, but those who run them say they handle great.

wanna save a bunch of money?

Buy tires from me

cmc members get 30% off tires

I have rode a Valk with a car tire on the back, terrible handling beast. I'd imagine an insurance company would deny a claim if they knew about it.

Donald

Not sure on the value of the Valk, but I can relate from what I know, I have a 1999 Wing, and tires are not $900 for a set nor do you get 12k on tires, I run Dunlop E3's (bought from Donald at Platinum, not even close to $900) I have 27k on rear now and expect maybe another 8 to 10 k to go, Front tire has about 34k on it and while probably do both at same time when ready.

A friend of mine also had a 1999 Wing, he bought a 2000 Valk and it scared the crap out him on several occasions with the power.

Both are same engine as I understand, except the Wing has 2 carbs the Valk is running 6, one for each cylinder. Somehow that makes for more torque and power, the wing is no slouch either. I would assume the Valk would be slightly lighter also.

The Valks have a style of there own, sweet looking rides, good luck on getting it