Sadly we retire #7001 for John "Furbie" Galley

Irma

• Administrators

Sadly we retire #7001 for John "Furbie / Furbz" Galley.  John is a charter member of CMC having joined late December 2006.  He was the original 1st Officer of CMC007 Hamilton pretty much as soon as he joined but officially by him in Feb 2007 when the chapter had established members.  He served in that position until July of 2018 which made John the longest serving 1st Officer in CMC, at 11 and a half years!  He was planning a move to NB and as such in Sept of 2018 accepted to become the Provincial Officer of NB and was looking forward to being close to family there and a new role in CMC. 

Our deepest sympathies to John's family and friends.

Posting in 007 Hamilton by current 1st Officer Rodney / 1streetcruiser. 

https://www.cmcnational.ca/forums/topic/40803-john-galley-has-passed-away-rip/?tab=comments#comment-200563

GALLEY, John 'Furbz/Furbie'  August 26,1963 - April 3, 2019 He will be deeply missed by all who have known him. He is survived by his sister Mary in Hamilton; and, in New Brunswick, by sister Kim Williams, her sons Terance and Kristopher, four grandnieces and a grandnephew; and by brother Joe Jarvis, his wife Theresa, their children Jordan, Emma, and Fiona. In lieu of flowers, please consider a gift to Cystic Fibrosis Canada. Visitation and Services at M A Clark and Sons Funeral Home, 567 Upper Wellington, Hamilton. Visitation: Saturday and Sunday, April 6th and 7th, 2 p.m.- 4 p.m. Service will be held on Monday, April 8th at 3 p.m.

1C035366-4587-46EF-85D9-193BA1F009A5.jpe

• Thumbs Up 1

So very sad. My deepest condolences and sympathies to John's family and CMC friends. 

Very sad and tragic news of Johns passing.
My condolences to all of us that knew him.

I’m still shocked to hear this very sad news.. John will certainly be missed here in Hamilton and the CMC. A very welcoming man with a big hug to members or visitors alike..

A sad day for the CMC and for all the friends John made over his years with the 007. He will be forever missed. 

I was so shocked and saddened to hear this news. Furbie will be missed by all who knew him.  A very sad day for CMC. 

We lost a Stalwart member and 1st Officer in John's passing.  😴

Ride easy Furbie

Dusty

• 3 years later...