Tire Issue

Aqua

Any ideas as to why the rear tire went bad. Michelin Commander II with 18000 kms. Typically run 42 psi Don't know when it happened, I didn't notice a significant change in the ride. Just luckily noticed it on my pre ride check. Looks like lots of tread still. I'm still an 8hr ride from home and thankfully about a 1/4 mile from a Kawi dealer who is expecting the new tire in the morning. Haven't seen my wife since August 8th so I hope they can get me back on the road soon. hzOTKqDJdWXE4D4u6LZ7_OfllL-4Sz0mtAjmK3_X

2 hours ago, Aqua said:

Any ideas as to why the rear tire went bad. Michelin Commander II with 18000 kms. Typically run 42 psi Don't know when it happened, I didn't notice a significant change in the ride. Just luckily noticed it on my pre ride check. Looks like lots of tread still. I'm still an 8hr ride from home and thankfully about a 1/4 mile from a Kawi dealer who is expecting the new tire in the morning. Haven't seen my wife since August 8th so I hope they can get me back on the road soon. hzOTKqDJdWXE4D4u6LZ7_OfllL-4Sz0mtAjmK3_X

Seen the picture you posted on FB, lucky to see that before you continued, wonder how long it was like that?  Are you going back with a Michelin again?  I am running Dunlops E3's on the wing and hope to get few more miles on them. On my old wing I was running bias belted and getting over 40k on a set.