Small Fuel Bottles

Vinnie75

Does anyone have any information on where I can get a MSR Fuel bottle, or a similar product. Looking for something to store a couple of litres for our road trip. hopefully a local store or chain carries them.

Thanks

Does anyone have any information on where I can get a MSR Fuel bottle, or a similar product. Looking for something to store a couple of litres for our road trip. hopefully a local store or chain carries them.

Thanks

Is this for your Street Glide??    :?:

If it is, there are very very few places in North America you can't make it from one gas station to another on a full tank of fuel on that bike!

If it's for a bike with a small tank that only gets 150 km to a tank, then you may need a couple of these if you are looking for aluminium bottles

Thanks everyone, the bottles were a "just in case" we need them. I'm leaving this week on a trip with 2 friends that don't get the fuel mileage I do and one of them is on a new to him bike with no gas guage so we don't want any suprises......better safe than sorry right?

You can get them at any outdoor equipment store like MEC....Probably also at Bass Pro stores....that sort of place...They are used to carry fuel for little portable camping stoves.

These bottles are safe when they are full of fuel in your saddlebags that tend to get hot some days?  

Good point Gitch   ....  and an important one!

Used to be when you bought them (I have several from my backpacking days) that there was a warning label/pamphlet to just fill them up to approx 3/4 - 7/8 due to fuel expansion!

Here ya go, copied this off their site   ....

• Available in 325ml (295 max capacity), 650ml (590 max), and 975ml (880 max).
Edited by Dusty Boots