It is with great pride that I announce our CMC family is growing once again! This time we are welcoming our newest chapter into the fold! With relentless effort from Bill Boyd Irma and Marilyn Denyer please welcome CMC 093 Nackawic NB to the CMC!! Congrat ×

Towing bike on a trailer

Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forum. Looking forward to meeting some new people and getting into some riding! I'm picking up my first ever bike today, and I am bringing it home on a utility trailer. I bought 4 ratchet straps to use in securing in to the trailer. 2 for the front and 2 for the back. My question is....do I need to have a motorcycle wheel chock for the front wheel? I am using a uhaul trailer, so I cannot modify the trailer itself at all. Thanks for your advise and expertise!

James Clark

Winnipeg, MB

No its better if there is one.but uhaul trailers sometimes have a wheel by p out if you got the bike style..I move bikes for a dealership ...so tie the front tight to front of trailer .put straps around the lower triple trees ..use rears to hold bike steady ..forks do not have to be fully compressed ..they need to be able to move up and down..you don't even have to have bike straight up ..leave it on kickstand if you want ..put in gear ..drive it home..go ride

• Like 1

Thanks Mr. Haney! I managed to do it without a wheel chock, with no issues. I just strapped it down like you said nice and secure with ratchet straps. The bike didn't budge for the whole drive. Thanks again.

James

Nice to hear you got it home safe and sound :)

One thing about asking a question here, someone usually has some good advise :)