Ride to the east coast - Cabot Trail and....

Diesel

Hey Joe this looks really good, so sad that we have to wait almost three months before we get started. I've already started practicing I went out today for a short ride with members from London. It was a little brisk but boy did it feel goooooooood!!!!

Hey Joe this looks really good, so sad that we have to wait almost three months before we get started. I've already started practicing I went out today for a short ride with members from London. It was a little brisk but boy did it feel goooooooood!!!!

Oh, I know my friend....the anticipation is greater than any Heinz ketchup commercial ever portrayed, lol...

• 2 months later...

As the old saying goes, ..."the best laid plans, of mice and men, often go awry"

The unfortunate circumstance of my accident at the hands of an inattentive left turning cage driver means that this adventure is postponed now, likely to the summer of 2015.

The good news is, this allows a whole lot of advanced planning time for anyone who may wish to join the ride. The departure - return dates are flexible, though I think I would still like to be out in Summerside for the July 1st rally next year.

For now, I shall enjoy guilt-free naps whenever I want, sponge baths provided by a bevy of pretty young nurses, great food and lots of reading.

Ride safely my friends. And be aware - it comes out of nowhere and it happens really, really fast.

All the best for a speedy & complete recovery Joe! The open road will be there when you"re ready!!

• Like 1