2020 CMC Rally will be hosted by CMC049 Sudbury, ON
Westlake56

Everything For Seniors Directory Website

Westlake56

Most of you don't know me, some of you do, regardless if you know me or not makes no difference. Many CMC members are like myself, in their fifties or sixties becoming seniors and assisting our senior parents.

A month ago I launched the Everything For Seniors Directory.ca website. Below is an email I have been sending out to retirement homes, businesses and sources that provide products or services for seniors.

Hello,

There are two types of people that are trying to find housing, products and services for seniors. In addition to already retired seniors, there are those like myself and my wife in our fifties with parents in their eighties, assisting them, and looking forward to our own future needs.

Here is the problem, there are thousands of references out there for all different types of housing, products and services for seniors. There isn't one central spot for seniors to find what they are looking for.

The solution, EverythingForSeniorsDirectory.ca. This will be a single source to find housing, businesses providing products, services and information sources for seniors and their families. The directory of forty three categories is being built across Canada by businesses like yours that provide housing, products or services for seniors that create free listings with their details and link to their website.

Be part of the solution and go to http://everythingforseniorsdirectory.ca to create a free listing with a complete description of your business and link to your website. If you have multiple locations you can create a listing for each location.

If you have a lot of locations, we can import the details and description for each location using an Excel spreadsheet.

Sincerely,
Dan Westlake

http://www.bitsofknowledge.com
BITS Of Knowledge
796 Dundalk Dr
London, ON N6C 3V2

519-681-2555

I'm asking you to also help by contacting any businesses or sources you know about the directory and to use the "Facebook" like button on the home page to spread the word.

Thanks

Dan

Stafford

If a moderator or admin wants to move this post, I understand, if there was a better spot to post this I couldn't find it.

Most of you don't know me, some of you do, regardless if you know me or not makes no difference. Many CMC members are like myself, in their fifties or sixties becoming seniors and assisting our senior parents.

A month ago I launched the Everything For Seniors Directory.ca website. Below is an email I have been sending out to retirement homes, businesses and sources that provide products or services for seniors.

Hi Dan,

You posted in the correct location. I have gone ahead and edited the title of the sub-forum to better reflect its purpose.

Regards

• Like 1

Westlake56

I think you'll like the Doo Wop video jingle I had made to let seniors know about the directory. If you like it, please help to share the link.

Thanks
Dan
  • Like 1

chilly

i hate to admit it but im in this category thanks for the info

Westlake56

Editing the topic doesn't appear to be available like it was in the old forum. Only the content of the message can be edited by the author. A moderator can change the topic but I can't. Perhaps they will change it.

Stafford

The topic has been updated Dan :)

• Like 1

Westlake56

Thanks Stafford, I appreaciate you changing it.

Dan

Westlake56

Hi Dan.

Thanks for promoting senior awareness and resources.

Here's a link that may be helpful:    http://healthcareathome.ca/  

Merry Christmas,   

Ricky, thanks for the http://healthcareathome.ca/ link. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, been super busy.

Merry Christmas.

Dan

Westlake56

Same to you Ricky.

Here is a link to the listing I created for them. http://everythingforseniorsdirectory.ca/community-care-access-centre-208.html

Unfortunately I couldn't find an actual address or email contact for the listing so just used Toronto and there isn't an email contact on the listing. For the most part though people will contact those in the local area they have selected on the map.

Enjoy your Boxing Day while I go shovel a little snow.

Dan

Westlake56

The directory isn't two months old yet and of course there was Christmas and New Years so not much for a couple of weeks.

Just to give a little update on numbers.

86 Facebook likes.

151 Users

209 Listings

I'm also looking for a volunteer that reads / writes and speaks French. I don't and it makes it difficult to contact the senior related resources in Quebec. If there is someone who is retired, has some computer skills and wants to volunteer some time to help build the directory contacting businesses in Quebec it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

Westlake56

Everything For Seniors Directory Logo with 2 of our own

Using my limited graphic skills and finding what I felt was a great picture of two of our own, image used with permission, I created a logo for the Everything For Seniors Directory.

It's a little smaller but a few will recognize who these two are with London 028.

EFSDLogo.png

Feel free to share the image and this link. http://everythingforseniorsdirectory.ca/

Westlake56

Updated / changed one of the categories to "Retired Trades". I got the idea when I was donating blood last week. The guy I was speaking with after donating mentioned he was a retired Electrician. If we have any CMC members that are retired tradesmen or women and want to post a listing offering their services they are welcome to do so.

The guy thought the directory was an excellent idea and wondered if there was any coverage for stair lifts. I told him I didn't know but that there were a couple of businesses listed that sold them that he could probably call and find out.

That also got me to wondering if a F.A.Q (Frequently Asked Questions) area might be worthwhile where people could post answers to common questions and people could post questions that others could answer. Feedback on the feature positive or negative would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

Garyve3rin

I am new to CMC and am not sure if what I am replying to, would be the proper place. I am 71 and there are a lot of people that work with wood, and some are into wood carving. There are a lot of clubs in 020 area. I started after I had brain surgery. While I was sleeping I would get visions of things. I would get up and grab a chunk of wood and I would started carving. They weren't much but I persisted at home for a while until I found out there was a club 5 minutes away from home. I am a member of 2 clubs now and was a member of one in Lindsey for a while.

Westlake56

I am new to CMC and am not sure if what I am replying to, would be the proper place. I am 71 and there are a lot of people that work with wood, and some are into wood carving. There are a lot of clubs in 020 area. I started after I had brain surgery. While I was sleeping I would get visions of things. I would get up and grab a chunk of wood and I would started carving. They weren't much but I persisted at home for a while until I found out there was a club 5 minutes away from home. I am a member of 2 clubs now and was a member of one in Lindsey for a while.

If these are clubs for seniors you can register for free at the Everything For Seniors Directory and post the details of these clubs. Here is the a link to the directory. http://everythingforseniorsdirectory.ca/.

If you're not that strong on the computer you can email me with the contact details for the clubs and I can add them. My email address is dan@everythingforseniorsdirectory.ca

Regards,

Dan

Westlake56

On Monday October 19, 2015 I added a Social Community area as part of the Everything For Seniors Directory​. It is a unique social network for seniors 55+ and their caregivers to participate and share. If you are a senior 55+ or the caregiver of senior family member please join here. http://everythingforseniorsdirectory.ca/community/

If you know of a senior 55+ or the caregiver of a senior please share or pass this along.

Highlights Of Features and Benefits.

None of your information is shared with anyone.

We don't track you or target you with ads since there is no advertising.

When posting items such as photos you can elect the option of public, logged in users, friends or private.

You can form open or closed groups for a particular interest or for your family.

Seniors and their caregivers can start or join in on discussions regarding topics of interest.

You can ask questions where members can share their knowledge answering them.

The Market, a classifieds section where members can post items for sale, swap or give away.

Blogs where businesses providing products or services can post articles of interest to seniors and their caregivers.

A direct link to the business section of the website for Canada to find products and services for seniors and their caregivers.

Best of all, it's completely free.