Triumph info

Just curious if anyone out there is riding or has experience with a triumph motorcycle? I would like to hear your thoughts on the brand.

Thanks

Kevin

I use to own the old Triumphs from the 50's and 60's. I have ridden a 90's Daytona and Thunderbird. No comparison to the old Triumphs. The new ones are much better but do not seem to hold their value.

Thanks for the info. I know the company made some big changes in the mid 80's and seem to be doing well. They have a great warranty and their dealership coverage in North America seems to be growing. They seem to be made well. I only know a couple of guys that own one and they seem extremely satisfied.

I have a good friend with a 1999 Triumph and he has put over 100000k on with only regular maintenance. Its been great and still going strong. Dave

I have a good friend with a 1999 Triumph and he has put over 100000k on with only regular maintenance. Its been great and still going strong. Dave

That's great to hear, thanks. I know every make and model out there can have issues but when you hear of riders hitting that kind of milage I think that says something for the makers. Not to mention your friend must love the bike to keep it that long.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

I currently ride a 2002 Triumph Bonneville America

It has 84,000kms on it and has never had a problem. The new machines are a huge step up on their predecessors. They learned new manufacturing technology from the Japanese, and applied it to their stable of knowledge. The new Triumphs do not vibrate, they no longer leak oil, and they have seriously upgraded the electrical.

The 800 parallel twin in my machine produces a good 62+ horsepower with loads of low end torque, and for a machine that weighs about 500lbs it a blast to ride!

I recently also bumped into a 2000 Thunderbird Triple last summer, it too was about to turn the clock at 100,000 kms The owner said he has never had an issue other than simple regular maintenance, and it was by far the most enjoyable machine her has ever owned.

The new Triumphs always gather attention and conversation.

You will love them!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks 900C, I'm sold. Your story is all to familiar across the various forums. I will be getting a Triumph next spring but just not quite sure which one at this point, I like them all, I just have to make up my mind. I read about Triumph's transition in the 80's and its pretty impressive. With almost 300 dealerships across North America and growing I don't think I will go wrong in my decision.

Cheers

• 2 years later...

I recently purchased, October 2014, a 2014 Triumph Thunderbird LT/LE 1700 and I'm having a great time riding it. Very responsive on the throttle and handling is precise. I have approx 6,500 kms on it now after riding down to North Carolina and back. Did back roads as well as the I-75 cruising at times at 130 km/h. Very smooth riding. I had to notch up the rear shocks to the #3 position as I found that #1 and #2 were a little on the soft side.

Added a few items to make it my own such as Kuryakyn speakers, Zumo 660 GPS, LED spots low on the crash bars etc.

Hopefully get a number of good riding years from "Miss-T Blue" :-P:cool: