Hold 'Em Poker Tourney is TODAY - *CONGRATS BODIDD!!!!*

Good day to all CMC members from coast to coast. I am putting together an online Texas Hold 'Em poker tournament which will be held on Saturday, March 30th at 3:00pm EST. The entry fee to this tournament will be $5 per person. Half the funds raised will go to our national charity, the Children's Wish Foundation of Canada. The other half will go towards prizes. The number and amount of prizes will be determined by the number of entries.

Here's the plan:

I have set up a private poker room on Pokerstars, and if you don't already have one, you will need to set up a free account at http://www.pokerstars.net

I will need some help in getting the word out to as many CMC members as possible. I ask that people copy and paste this on their chapter Facebook pages to possibly inform members that do not visit the forum as often as the rest of us. I will also need either an officer or a member from each chapter to collect the entry fees from members, then send them all to me at the same time along with a list of member's names and what their Pokerstars username is so that I can allow them to join the private poker room.

Do not send money to Pokerstars. You will be able to enter the tournament online using play money to register which is supplied by Pokerstars.

Here are the instructions that are supplied by Pokerstars.net when I created the private poker room for us to use:

- If you don't already have it, download the free PokerStars software from http://www.pokerstars.net, then register a username and password.

- Open the main poker lobby, then click on the 'Home Games' tab.

- Click the 'Join a Poker Club' button

- Enter my Club ID number: 731295

- Enter my Invitation Code: cmcsea2sea

That's it! Once I've received confirmation of your entry fee, your membership request will be approved. Once in the room, you will see the tournament details. You will then be able to register for the tournament between March 16th right up to the day of the tournament itself.

Since this is the first time for me to run something like this, I am asking for others in helping to gather the entry fees so that they can be sent in together from one area, instead of like 5 or 6 members of one chapter sending them to me separately. Obviously, those members that are not registered with a particular chapter are welcome to send in their entry fee on their own.

Also, I would prefer that all entry fees be sent in by check or money order, since sending them to me via Paypal will require that service fees be taken by Paypal. All checks/money orders should be made out to me, and when you're ready to send it in, email me at cmc007@cogeco.ca and I will send you my mailing address.

I am also hoping to leave this thread up until completion of the tournament so members can ask any questions they may have.

Thanks all. I'm hoping this is a fun time raising funds for a great cause. :D

***Please note:

This is a "no limit" tournament, which means there is no limit to the amount of chips that can be bet during play on the tables.

Blinds (and antes) are raised every 10 minutes.

One 5 minute break every hour.

Maximum number of players allowed is 2,000 but I don't think we'll get that many to join. If for some wonderful reason we do, entry will be on a first come, first paid basis until we reach the 2,000 maximum.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Furbie

• Aqua

• DUNNER

• yose-mite

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Hey Furbie...not sure how many poker players 028 has but I will take care of my chapters interests in this great event...I already have a few usernames for that poker site and am well aware of their rules and regulations...I am very interested in playing in this event and am looking forward to a fun way to raise money for our national charity...hopefully we can get a few folks intersted and this can become a yearly event fund raiser...I will keep in touch...stay tuned :D

Is it OK with you if I copy over to 016 forum?

I think it is a great idea and hopefully one of the officers will take it on.

I honestly don't have the free time right now but would like to see this succeed :)

Thanks for posting this :)

Den

Den, I did it as a "global" post, so it should be in almost every area of the forums, but the more promotion, the better :D

Hey Dunner, great to hear from you again bud. I'm hoping it turns into a yearly event as well. Gives us something fun to look forward to in the winter months (will probably hold in mid February next year). 8-)

All signed up and looking forward to the game.

I will be posting on our Facebook page and collecting the entry fees for anyone from 089 who wants to play.

Thanks for setting this up Furbie, it should be a blast.

not sure I will be able to sit in as I will be in Belize while this is going on

but if I can I would love to play I have a membership in pokerstars

but how do we get the money to you .. is there a paypal account

or have missed something ..

sounds great and we can meet more of us this way

Furbie - just curious; some of us have/had pokerstars accounts with lots and lots of money in them (play money of course) and I believe that poker stars provides you with a minimum amount... those that have all that money can they bring it with them or is there going to be a maximum amount to bring into the tournament of whatever pokerstars allows?

Star

Furbie, I'll be unavailable the day of the tourney so thankfully one of our members has offered to coordinate entries here in the 023, his name is Greg Nichols and his nick on the forum is Roamer. I've put the info up on our facebook group and we'll try to drum up some entries for you!

Hiya Star. :D

Nope, all that play money won't be needed. It will cost you $5 + .50 cents in play money to join the tournament (for those new to Pokerstars, they supply you with $1,000 in play money at sign-up, and you can restock it for free when you run out). Then every player will start the tournament with 5,000 in chips and it will go from there. The tournament ends when one person has all the chips.

Hey Kreskin.

Thanks for stepping up and getting this organized there. I've been getting a few messages from across Canada with some members really looking forward to this. Should be a lot of fun :D

Guest Roamer

Hey Furbie - I'll be collecting for 023 Winnipeg. When do you want the cheque by? I expect it will take a week to get it to you in the mail.

Hi Greg. As long as I get it a few days before the start of the tournament. This way I can authorize all the proper people into the room to play that you have on your list 8-)

• Administrators

I joined Furbie...my name will be obvious...I'm hoping a few more 028 folks will join in but so far nothing...I will send off my money on the 23rd whether anyone else joins in or not!!! looking forward to playing!!

Got you there Dunner :D

Also, for those that have joined the private room, I've set up a play money table just to horse around on. May see me sitting there, feel free to take my chips :lol:

Guest Roamer
I joined Furbie...my name will be obvious...I'm hoping a few more 028 folks will join in but so far nothing...I will send off my money on the 23rd whether anyone else joins in or not!!! looking forward to playing!!

Same here - no interest at all so far by the 023 other than myself. I'm surprised,

• Administrators

Same here - no interest at all so far by the 023 other than myself. I'm surprised,

I am surprised as well...I did pick up another player last evening so maybe it'll just take some time to get the word out there...I personally can't wait to play... :D

I am just waiting a bit longer for other 075 members to respond.

Otherwise I am in

Poker Stars name is "robhuron075"

Can you PM address for payment please?

Any one interested in testing out their connection to PokerStars, there will be a fun game of poker set up in the private poker room. Pop in around 7:00pm EST Monday (Mar 11th) if interested. Bring your play money chips 8-)