SEAFOAM

Kumfy Rider

I have a "senior" Goldwing and am wondering if using this product is advisable or will it hurt the bike. Any advice would be apprciated

I have an 83 Goldwing Interstate, I have used Seafoam in it and it and it did improve the performance of the bike and certainly did it no harm. Just follow the instructions as to how much to add to the fuel tank.

Harvey

blaine.....can seafoam be bought here on PEI? Would any fuel injection cleaner be all right for a bike?

blaine.....can seafoam be bought here on PEI? Would any fuel injection cleaner be all right for a bike?

You used to only be able get it at Car Quest.But now you can get it at Canadian Tire.Some of the injector cleaners are really hard on rubber parts. :);)

I use it in my 86 Yamaha Venture. I think it does wonders for the performance especially with older carbed bikes.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive used Seafoam in my 85 Venture Royale for as long as Ive had the bike, its available at CDN Tires subsidiary Parts Source for about 10 bucks can. It has been a big help in keeping my Venture running well as the old girl really likes to get carboned up and I need to use about 25% of a can in the tank about once a month when I feel the bike starting to run roughly, then I take it out and run it and by the time that tank of fuel is gone everything is tiptop again. I also use it as a stabilizer and have never had an issue with bad fuel.

I noticed some guys saying that seafoam could be hard on rubber parts but according to Seafoams websites it is ok to use with anything rubber or not, and ive never noticed any rubber part giving me issues and after 70k kms on the bike I think i woulda noticed something by now.

On a bike that had sat a long time with bad gas, ive also drained a gas tank dry and then ran straight seafoam into carbs that were really gummed up, let the seafoam fill the bowls, let it sit for a day or 2 and then poured in some fresh gas and see the guys bike start right up.(but smoke like crazy for about 5 mins). its saved pulling carbs 3 or 4 times when helping other guys with bikes.

One issue I have noticed is that if your bike is running really roughly and you use Seafoam you may have to replace sparkplugs as the carbon loosened up seems to foul them occasionally.

Anyway here is the link to their website so you can check it out yourselves http://www.seafoamsales.com/how-to-use- ... ducts.html

Friesman

Brian Fries

1st Officer

CMC042 Regina

Can anyone advise what mixture to use with an old GW as the store manager didnt seem to have any idea....thanks

It is on the back of the can.I have used up to twice the amount on really dirty carbs.It will not harm anything as long as you are burning the fuel and not leaving it set in the tank.For storage in the winter time I use "Sta-BIL" fuel stabilizer.

8-):)

• 6 months later...

I just bought a 473 ml can of Seafoam, and it does not really say on the directions for an amount to add. It just says one can will treat 30-95 litres of fuel. I have a v-star 650 and a tank is about 12L, and is running pretty well with 28000 kms. maybe 1/8 of the can or 50-60ml?? :?:

Just add about 3 oz per tank. I do not recommend seafoam as a fuel stabilizer however. Use sta-bil from Can tire. I only use it for about every 4th tank.

ive been using seafoam in my 91 Sportster and i got no complaints keeps everything clean

• 2 months later...

Sometimes after the use of Seafoam you may have some hard starts. This is because of the carbon and other deposits that it made come loose because of the cleaning and it gums up the spark plugs. Sometimes after use, clean the plugs and you are good to go!

• 1 month later...

You can use it in the oil as well on Wet clutch bikes. I add a little to the oil about one tank before an oil change. This flushes the system out nicely. I also add half a can to my tank about once a month. Caution as it will damage some rubber parts in high concentrations.