Mike " Gummiente" Palmer Former Member RIP

Fireden

I received a message on Tuesday that Mike "Gummiente" Palmer passed away from complications of cancer.

Anyone who has been around the CMC for a while might remember Mike as the 1st Officer of the original 2nd chapter of the CMC. Mike later moved to Durham Ontario where he revitalized the Owen Sound chapter and rebranded it as Grey County. He was known locally  as the guy with a Bull Dog in the side car of his Ural who would drive it in the winter time to a local craft brewery for refreshments. LOL

Mike was no longer a active member of the CMC however he was active in the motorcycle community in Kingston where he worked at the Harley/Honda dealership.

Below is the announcement from Kingston Harley.

It is with a heavy heart that we learn of the passing of a dear member of the Kingston Harley-Davidson | MotoSport Plus family, Mike Palmer.
Many will remember Mike as a member of our Parts team, always doing what he could to help customers get their bikes back on the road, push their performance or customize them. But to us Mike was a member of our family, a staple in our store, someone who was always passionate about everything he did and was willing to take the time to help those around him.
Our thoughts are with Mike's friends, family and anyone else who had the pleasure of knowing him. The riding community has lost an incredible member today.
Rest In Peace Mike.

Rip Mike and thank you as one of the early pioneers of the CMC that made it the great club that is is.

• Administrators

Mike was indeed very involved with the development of CMC, being the second 1st Officer of CMC with it's first expansion to a chapter in Kingston ON, the 1st Officer of 047, a dedicated member of 036 Orangeville (I don't recall if he was an Officer there) and then back to the Thousand Islands.  

Mike always took the time for an honour wave to the cows as he was riding by. 

A really great guy who will be missed

RIP Mike

-Irma

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Oh no, not Mike too.🥲 Our prayers and sympathy. Hugs 

Mike ( when he was a teen) helped built a cabin for my sister and husband ( his English teacher) up in Sioux Lookout. They could only carry things by boat in the late 1969 early 1970’s. I will always remember him with his sidecar and dog and his standing of flags on the roadways.