Sadly we retire #50010 for Heather Cloutier

Irma

• Administrators

Sadly we retire #50010 for Heather Cloutier.   Our deepest condolences to her husband Pierre, their family and friends.

Heather Cloutier.JPG

A message from Pierre that he would like to share:

My wife Heather died early Saturday morning of a massive heart attack. I would like to have her added to the CMC list of fallen members. Her rider handle was "SunShine" and she lived up to the name.

She became a member of CMC late in 2008 when we were with 003 Mississauga. She moved with me to 057 Georgina in 2011. Was my greatest supporter when we tried to establish 097 Stouffville and moved with me one last time to 050 Durham in 2018.

She was a loving wife, mother of two and loyal friend to anyone who came to her with an open heart. You would be hard pressed to find a gentler soul than her. She leaves behind only wonderful memories for those that knew and loved her. Her memorial service will be in the O'Neill Funeral Home located in Stouffville, Saturday June 1st at 11:00 AM. Her beautiful smile will be missed.

So very sorry to hear of Heather's passing. My condolences and sympathies to Pierre and family.

• Like 1

Our sympathy and prayers to Pierre and family and friends of Heather “SunShine” at this very sad time. Her great memory’s live on through you.

Mike and Mary

• Like 1

So very sorry to hear of Heather's passing.  My condolences to Pierre and family. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am grateful for all the kind words and support my family was shown during this hard time.  To all of you who responded to this and other posts announcing Heather's passing, up to the group of CMC brothers and sisters who came to witness her memorial.  It was a beautiful thing you all did for us and I know she felt the love you gave to us.  I will not forget it. 

Thank you, Pierre

• Like 2

MEMORIES OF RIDING WITH MY WIFE

(For my wife, Heather aka SunShine, Inspired by another biker's essay)

A while back, we bought a comfy touring bike for a life we wanted to share together.
One day when I am very old and when I cannot walk anymore, I'll know it is there in my garage as a trophy of all the beautiful memories we built riding together.
We met people who taught us things, had the same spirit as we did and we also met others that we were glad to forget.
We got wet, we felt cold, we felt warm and at times we were afraid,
We fell and then we stood up and sometimes we even got hurt.
But also, we laughed out loud over the intercom in our helmets as the world passed by.
We spoke a thousand times about a thousand of life's little things with each other.  Nobody but us hearing our sometimes long conversations of our hearts.
I sometimes sang, shouted with joy like a madman and she would laugh at me lovingly.
And yes ... sometimes we even cried together.
As a couple, we have seen wonderful places and lived unforgettable experiences.
On occasion, we made curves that even sport bikers would be proud of; other times we made curves full of terror, but we made them.
We stopped a thousand times to see a landscape and marvel at the world we lived in.
We spoke with perfect strangers, and sometimes we forgot people we see every day.  Together we learned through gestures to communicate with other riders.
We went out on our road trips with demons inside and almost always returned home with a feeling of absolute peace in our hearts.
We always thought how dangerous it is, knowing that the meaning of courage is to advance even feeling fear and so would not let fear rule our lives.
Every time I go up to our machine I think how wonderful it is and what it gave to us.
I stopped talking about it to those who do not understand, (they just do not understand).
We spent money that we did not have, giving up many things, but all these things are not worth even a moment of the time I had with my wife as she rode with me.
It is not just a means of transport or a piece of iron with wheels, it is the connection to a lost part of my soul and spirit that left me when God took her home.
And when someone says to me: "You have to sell the bike and you have to be a more serious person", ... I do not answer. I just swing my leg over the saddle and smile. 

Me getting back on, OUR bike... only the person who loved me most will understand it.  We had that kind of love you wish on others, the kind you're lucky to find these days.
I can feel her there with me on that machine, as I roll out onto the street, I know we will be together again someday and that she can tell, OUR adventures will continue till then. 

Pierre Cloutier (aka SlowRide)

• Like 3