CMC065 Says Goodbye to Ron "Recycle" Asselin

grizzz

• Registered Users

Today, we retire CMC092 Ron "Recycle" Asselin and thank CMC011 Ottawa for loaning him to us.

Ron was an active Member Since 2008.  He first started out with CMC011 in Ottawa before heading west and joining us at CMC065.  Recycle always had a great demeanor and never a bad word.  In the past few years, Recycle's health started to fail, but he was always out there on his bright red Kawasaki, waving at everyone on two wheels - yes, that even met scooter - and the wave was always joined with a great BIG GRIN.

He dies of an apparent heart attack.  Arrangements are being made with

Sand's Funeral Chapel
317 Goldstream Ave
Colwood, BC     V9B 2W4

Recycle.jpg

Rest Easy Brother and ride into those pearly gates like you own them!

• Registered Users

Good evening everyone,

I regret to inform you all that Ron “Recycle” Asselin has passed away from a heart attack this past Friday.  His funeral will be at the Sands (our Clubhouse) this coming Saturday at 11.00

I have been in communications with Julie – the manager of Sands – to offer our support to the family and this includes pallbearers as most of his family is from Ontario.  We will also be flying the flag either on the closed casket or on our flagstaff – this is up to the family.

When the family heard that this is where we met as a club, they shared this:  “We have called all over Victoria to find a place that would take us this Saturday and no one was able.  And now to find out that this is where his other family is, this is nothing more than divine intervention.”

Julie and her crew is going above and beyond to ensure that Ron is being taken care of.  Thanks Julie.

Julie will be calling me again tomorrow with the rest of the details and to see if the family wants our offer of pallbearers, so in the meantime, if I could get six volunteers to help with this, I sure would appreciate it – please just reply to this email.

We will also have a floral display – if the family wants it – to show our condolences. 

I know funerals are a very hard thing for many of us, but when one of our own goes home, it is important to their family to know they were embraced by a family here.  I would like to put this call out to everyone to please show up for the services at 11.00.  It will mean so much to his family and that is what counts. 

Ron has been a member of CMC since 2008 starting out at CMC011 in Ottawa before moving out west.  During the past couple of years, his health start to take the best of him, but you could often see him flying down Craigflower on his bright red Kawasaki with a great big grin on his face, loving every minute of the ride.  

Rest in peace Recycle and please keep an eye on your family down here

• Administrators

Our deepest sympathies to Ron's family & friends. His membership # 65092 has been retired in his honour.

-Matt & Irma

On behalf of the 079, our condolences to the friends and family of Ron “Recycle” Asselin during this difficult time. 

On Behalf of everyone here in 011 we send our Heartfelt condolences to his family. He will be missed by everyone he has touched. 

Bill