It is with great pride that I announce our CMC family is growing once again! This time we are welcoming our newest chapter into the fold! With relentless effort from Bill Boyd Irma and Marilyn Denyer please welcome CMC 093 Nackawic NB to the CMC!! Congrat ×

Support for Fallen Member Request

Crusader

Unfortunately, I have to report one of our members, YMAN - Bill went down in a single vehicle motorcycle crash, while participating in our annual Ride in the Rockies. The group was in Washington state when the accident happened. Bill was taken to a nearby Medical Center, and later air-lifted to a hospital in Seattle (where he spent about 2 weeks). Our members were with him, until and after his family arrived.

Bill was medivac'd to Edmonton's U of A hospital where he has been for about 2 weeks. Bill has a long road to recovery ahead of him. He had required surgury, and it is too soon to know the extent and permanence of his injuries. Despite his circumstances, Bill remains optimistic. I and other members have been to see him, and I will continue to do so.

Bill has been a CMC member for over 7 years. He is also an EMT Paramedic for the City of Edmonton; a life-time career. Currently his co-workers (approved by family) have started a go-fund-me fundraiser for Bill & his family for any assistance they may need. I would request that if you are able, to consider any donation toward Bill, and any medical/living expenses. The CMC Member's generosity is well known and appreciated, and Bill could use whatever assistance is offered. I thank you all in advance.

Jeff Hein - Alberta Provincial Officer

Link to Donate at Go Fund Me:  https://www.gofundme.com/2jdqyfss

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

Just a quick update. I've been up to see Bill twice now, and will be going again. He is in good spirits, and seems to have more energy. He continues to get visits from family, co-workers, and of course, us, his riding friends! He is still in ICU and being closely monitored. Bill is making small improvements, but does have a long healing road still. He is conversing well, and doing his best to be patient, and to be a patient (usually being the care provider)! Still no answers to full extent or permanent injury; only time will tell. 

If you would like to send any wishes to Bill, I would be more than happy to pass them along!

I want to thank all those who have contributed to assist Bill to this point, and those who are planning to. To date over $10,000 has been raised. That is awesome. I know it will be a big help for Bill and his family going forward.

If you would like to consider a donation, please check out the link:

https://www.gofundme.com/2jdqyfss

Thank you again CMC!

Jeff

• Like 2

Thankyou Jeff for the update on Bill. Tell him to take it easy and we hope he improves everyday. Give him and his family gentle hugs from us.

image_zpshit2d0up.jpegimage_zpsez8kgoue.jpeg

Let's see how much CMC can raise for Bill "YMAN. He needs us now. Any small amount will be appreciated. https://www.gofundme.com/2jdqyfss Thank you in advance. We all know life can change in an INSTANT and this could be ANYONE of us.
Hugs

Mary "CenCom"

It's Bill's birthday Saturday!! He has been moved from the ICU at the University of Alberta Hospital. Great news! Thankyou again for all the generous donations! Please keep it going! 

Hugs

Mary "CenCom"