2020 CMC Rally will be hosted by CMC049 Sudbury, ON
FergusRob

A helping hand is needed - Susan's Cancer Care Fund

FergusRob

I am a member of CMC 089 Guelph and I am looking for your help in keeping me together with my family during a difficult time. 

Today I need to speak from a heart that is broken. I am no wizard at words and am trying my very best these days to be strong for my wife Susan and 10yr old son Colin. Every day I wake up wishing that all of this is a bad dream.

Susan and I have been together for over 28yrs and I love her more than life.  Susan is a stage 3 breast cancer survivor. Sadly, while attending a family wedding in BC, Susan suddenly took ill and was admitted to hospital. They discovered that her cancer has returned and has spread into her spine, liver and lungs. 

As Susan was not receiving adequate care in BC we hired a private company to fly her back to Ontario, via air ambulance, to be with her family and friends, and to be back under the care of her Oncologist. 

We are raising funds to cover the medical costs that we incurred while in BC. ( Ambulance fees, medication not covered, and family transportation costs) 

The air ambulance is the bulk of the costs that we are trying to repay, which was $37000.00.

Additionally we are trying to raise funds for future medical care costs that are not covered such as Medical equipment for our home, home care nursing and medication)

It will also provide assistance in covering daily living expenses while I take time away from work, which is in Edmonton, Alberta, to be by Susan's side and to take care of my son Colin during this difficult time. 

Please share this post. Any help is greatly appreciated. We thank you in advance for any assistance provided.

Please click this link for more information:
https://www.gofundme.com/xu6xch7x

CenCom

Oh my goodness, Rob, I didn't see this post until now. ? Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Colin and especially Susan at this time.