Harley Street Glide, anything I should look out for?

Stepheg

Considering purchasing a new 2015 Harley Street Glide. I'm currently riding a 2013 C90T BOSS Suzuki Boulevard. Been thinking about this for a while as I always wanted the Harley and now seems to me my time! Am I crazy for giving up my Boulevard for one? Should I purchase the extended warranty package and are there things I should be aware of with the new a Street Glide?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bought my 1st Harley (2014) Road King, now have over 22000 k on it and it feels like it is just broke in. If you get it and do a stage 1, look at the Power Vision II. I have one and when not auto tuning, you can take it off the bike or use it for gauges like I do because a road king don't have any.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi stephig

Like all bikes Harleys have their issues too. As long as you ride it in a reasonable Manor and do your recommended maintenance it should last you a long time. Before you buy one you should  check out Harley Twin Cam problems.  Don't let this deter you from your original intention of the street glide though. It's a great bike. I love my Electra Glide.  GOOD LUCK in your decision

• 9 months later...

Don't let the Harley twin cam problems article scare you , it refers mostly to the early cam tensioners and 07 - 08 crankshafts. Both problems have been worked out with the latest 103ho's . My 2009 twin cam has 100000 kms with absolutely no issues  . 

I have a 2015 Sreet Glide Special and LOVE it.  No problems at all with the bike, it's comfortable and easy to move around (I'm 125 lbs).  My husband has a 2014 and both bikes have never had an issue :)

• 1 month later...
On 10/22/2016 at 8:04 AM, Jorge said:

I have a 2015 Sreetglide Special and LOVE it.  No problems at all with the bike, it's comfortable and easy to move around (I'm 125 lbs).  My husband has a 2014 and both bikes have never had an issue :)

You bragging again. lolol What is a Sreetglide?