It is with great pride that I announce our CMC family is growing once again! This time we are welcoming our newest chapter into the fold! With relentless effort from Bill Boyd Irma and Marilyn Denyer please welcome CMC 093 Nackawic NB to the CMC!! Congrat ×

Insurance Pricing

Guest Ayrhead

1 hour ago, rpprince said:

Thanks Johny.

This is a timely post for me to fall into.

My 2011 BMW K1600GTL has been insured with TD since I bought it 2 years ago. 

I got my renewal last week with my new premium going from $908 to $1197 per year. I called them and was told all their motorcycle policies are being increased by 25% for accident benefits.

I called several others and TD was still the cheapest so I am reluctantly renewing with them.

Mine dropped from $760 to $555 and this is for 2007 VStar 1300 and an M2 license. 

Do you have comp and collision?

I could drop both of them and my premium would be $499 but my bike is too new for me to be tempted to drop them.

Full coverage with $500 deductible on collision, $300 on comp. 

The Personal is the company. I also have both my cars and house there too. 

Sorry, just doubled checked and deductibles are $1000 and $500, not $500 & $300 but that wouldn't make that much of a difference, maybe an extra $20-30 for the lower deductible.  Total premium for collision and comp is $163.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone   im new also,   just insured my marauder 800 with The personal.  after calling around the lowest i could get was 640.  the personal gave me liability only for 219. a year, but they gave me a group rate cause of my work,since switched everything to them,saved mucho dinero. good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

I also had Insurance troubles, I'm riding a 2001 Royal Star Venture, only have liability coverage on it!

TD raised the premium from $ 945.- to $ 1415.-, so i called them and told them I'd be looking for somebody else,

they did not seem to care to much, so i found JD Smith Ins Broker, now i'm going to pay $ 800.-!

Another company with good rates is Mantha Ins.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

As rpprince said  -  the Accident Benefits went up by 25%.  I'd also like to add that after my wife's collision, with hospital and rehab. costs being covered by TD Ins., I was told by a TD rep. that Accident Benefit premiums are ALSO based on AGE.  Seems that us older folks often need costlier repairs after a crash, and we definitely take longer to heal too.  All that extra and extended care is definitely factored into the rates.

I just did the math -  the Accident Benefits premium accounts for 76 1/2 % of my total premium for full coverage. That's in Ontario, in the 65 - 69 age bracket.

Edited by 8-Track
Added information.

• Administrators

Province is Ontario: Matt is with Riders Plus, the premium is exactly the same as last year, no increase, through Echelon Insurance.

-Irma

• 9 months later...