Insurance Pricing

Guest Ayrhead

1 hour ago, rpprince said:

Thanks Johny.

This is a timely post for me to fall into.

My 2011 BMW K1600GTL has been insured with TD since I bought it 2 years ago. 

I got my renewal last week with my new premium going from $908 to $1197 per year. I called them and was told all their motorcycle policies are being increased by 25% for accident benefits.

I called several others and TD was still the cheapest so I am reluctantly renewing with them.

Mine dropped from $760 to $555 and this is for 2007 VStar 1300 and an M2 license. 

Do you have comp and collision?

I could drop both of them and my premium would be $499 but my bike is too new for me to be tempted to drop them.

Full coverage with $500 deductible on collision, $300 on comp. 

The Personal is the company. I also have both my cars and house there too. 

Sorry, just doubled checked and deductibles are $1000 and $500, not $500 & $300 but that wouldn't make that much of a difference, maybe an extra $20-30 for the lower deductible.  Total premium for collision and comp is $163.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone   im new also,   just insured my marauder 800 with The personal.  after calling around the lowest i could get was 640.  the personal gave me liability only for 219. a year, but they gave me a group rate cause of my work,since switched everything to them,saved mucho dinero. good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

I also had Insurance troubles, I'm riding a 2001 Royal Star Venture, only have liability coverage on it!

TD raised the premium from $ 945.- to $ 1415.-, so i called them and told them I'd be looking for somebody else,

they did not seem to care to much, so i found JD Smith Ins Broker, now i'm going to pay $ 800.-!

Another company with good rates is Mantha Ins.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

As rpprince said  -  the Accident Benefits went up by 25%.  I'd also like to add that after my wife's collision, with hospital and rehab. costs being covered by TD Ins., I was told by a TD rep. that Accident Benefit premiums are ALSO based on AGE.  Seems that us older folks often need costlier repairs after a crash, and we definitely take longer to heal too.  All that extra and extended care is definitely factored into the rates.

I just did the math -  the Accident Benefits premium accounts for 76 1/2 % of my total premium for full coverage. That's in Ontario, in the 65 - 69 age bracket.

Edited by 8-Track
Added information.

• Administrators

Province is Ontario: Matt is with Riders Plus, the premium is exactly the same as last year, no increase, through Echelon Insurance.

-Irma

• 9 months later...