GPS & Route Planning

frankirv

If anyone is looking for a decent route planning website/software I would like to recommend a site I am currently doing some evaluation on. Its called Tourstart.org they are based over seas but are working on developing an App that will allow you to plan your route and transfer it to your bike GPS or a mobile device.

I have used it in the past to plot routes and transfer into my Zumo. I recently got an email from the developer as they were looking for people to help improve the software. Seeing I am a software tester I jumped at the opportunity to help them out. I have tried a few different route planning sites and find them rather buggy, even Garmin's Basecamp isn't very user friendly.

Anyway feel free to head over to Tourstart.org and create a free profile, if there is anything I can help you with let me know. I am NOT being paid by Tourstart, I am volunteering my help, I'm always a fan of helping out the little guy.

Good luck with your trip planning this year. I know I am looking forward to heading south to take in the Blue Ridge Parkway and many of the other great roads in the area.

Ride SAFE!

Frank.

• Like 1