sketrr

Feeling Humbled

7 posts in this topic

Hello Brothers & Sisters

I am sitting here, finally having a day off from having the rally over, my f/t job at Costco, my business training new students to ride, and the house work can wait. I am not doing a thing but going over the memories of the weekend, pictures and comments on Facebook, making new friends, the National Forum, emails, all pre-and post times of the rally. WOW!!!

I sit here shedding a tear that is is all over. So, humbling to know that this was a successful event, that everyone who came had such an amazing weekend. Every moment was special to me, meeting as many of you as possible personally. For those I did not, I apologize. It was very hard for me to keep track. For those I said hello, some twice or more, lol please share a hug and a hello from me please. All of the time spent with you all was so amazing, so many laughs my ribs and face are still sore. 

There is always hiccups, drama, oopsies and such, but I feel so enthralled in this feeling of kinship, the feeling of gratitude knowing that I was able to help make this dream of ours hosting the National Rally here a successful one thanks to all of you who contributed to this special event.

And for some of you still travelling, it is still not over. Please continue to enjoy every minute of your journeys with an open road, warm wind in your face and a sense of pride in being a part of it all. Knowing your brothers and sisters all across this Nation who were unable to attend are envious of not being able to be a part of it all. But now with current social media and technology they were able to see and feel from those moments we share with them, the feeling of family love.

First and foremost, I would like to thank my wife, Amy Hohn, for being a part of this amazing weekend, her love, patience - which was limited near the begging of the weekend as my stress level and concentration to everything limited my attention towards her. Amy's support towards me and the rally, did not go unnoticed. It was originally her idea when we got married almost 3 years ago next door at the Coombs Country Campground to see if we could have a rally here on Vancouver Island. Her contributions she made including, her idea and helping the handling all the door prizes and trying to ensure that everyone walked away with something. Thank you...I Love You!!!

To the Coombs Rodeo Grounds, thank you for everything you all did for all of us. Helping to ensure that everyone who needed help was acknowledged and treated well. We shall see you for coffee to say Hi, when we stop in riding out around the area. Don, what can we say, you helped us all in ensuring the quality of enjoyment was had by all. Your dedication to helping the grounds as you do is greatly appreciated. To the other Rodeo Grounds staff and Volunteers, Thank you for everything.

To the Dj, Brian, thank you for keeping us rocking all weekend. For being moved all over the place to help us get music and sound to areas of the rally. The lights as well were fun and entertaining for everyone. We are loving the pictures of the bike your wife took.

The Renovation Blues Band, thank you for entertaining us with your beautiful music, getting us up there and dancing enjoying the evening. Great Job!!

The Pig, oh the Pig. What can we all say, it was absolutely fabulous, Thank you to James and his daughter from Lickety Spit for their time and dedication to their craft. I apologize for the lack of BBQ sauce, I was shocked with myself when someone asked for it and I am a ex chef, I should know that it was needed. My apologies. I hope the rest of the meal was good as well. That was an oopsy.

The salmon, that was especially nice as well. Thank you, Blaine & family, for the contributions of these lovely morsels of delight. For the use of the BBQ’s, Robin & Gord, and I am not sure where the 3rd came from, so thank you for the use. The 4th was mine.

To Pam & Pam, Tom & Mo, Russ, Casey, and everyone else who helped out in the kitchen during the meals. Without you all there having my back it would of not as gone as well for our members eating such great food we were able to provide. Thank you!!!!

A special Thank you to everyone who helped out at the Registration table, with extra special thank you to Gerry for being my right hand in all of this. Having him take on this enormous task of the financial tracking, keeper of the key on registration, keeping all of you all sorted out and ready for arrival. Also, special thank you to Patty and Tara. Patty is currently a member, Blaine's wife, and Tara their daughter were key players in helping get the registration area set up. Your signs, organization and contributions to the help of making sure all of our guests were greeted and registered with no issues. Tara was given her patches to the chapter as an honorary member, and we look forward to having you be a part of this family. She will also be taking lessons to learn how to ride herself one day soon, and I personally will be making sure she becomes a safe, confident rider. Also to one of our newest members Bruce for helping & Kristine an original member of the Nanaimo Chapter, Thank you.

To all of our Main Sponsors, WestJet, High Roller Charters, Fountain Tire, Panago, Bayview Cycle, Signage, Superstore, The Legion of Nanaimo, Stones Marina, Wolf Brewery, Home Depot, Canadian Tire, Lordco, Coke, The National Board CMC, and so many more that will get an individual letter Thanking them for their support towards raising funds for the Children's Wish Foundation. So, Thank you all for you Donations towards our door prizes, our raffles, and to the Children's Wish Foundation and their Families. For your knowledge, Fountain Tire donated a $1000 towards ensuring a family in need will get an extra special Christmas this year. Also to all of the other cash donations that came in that go directly to the CWF, Thank you from all of us here in Nanaimo. We are still tallying the numbers, should be a couple more days till we have it but soon as we do, it will be announced to everyone.

To all the Road Captains & Tailgunners, thank you for taking our members out there to wherever you ended up individually. I heard nothing but positive feedback from every group thus far. Thank you for keeping us all safe as possible.

Now to my Officer Crew, the Rally Committee & my immediate CMC Family including local Chapters. Robin 2nd Officer- Senior RC, for your dedication and support over these last two years of planning, your are my closest brother here, I my true admiration is hopefully apparent. Brian 3rd Officer for your roles in all of this. Your humor, commitment and support is greatly appreciated. Gerry 4th Officer- Financial Officer, what more can be said, you are a loved by all. Thank you for keeping us all informed with reports and meeting notes to help keep us on track. Also to your wife, Mary. She also contributed to this with graphics for the multiple things along the way. Thank you both!!! Blaine 5th Officer, you and your family have done equal parts in all of this. Thank you, brother!! Rob 6th Officer, for the use of your canopy, your dedication to this event, & the respect given to all our guests. Thank you!!

The Rally Committee, including the officers of 008, Robin, Brian, Gerry, Blaine, Rob. The committee also included, Tom & Mo, Thanks for helping us get the grand prize WestJet Package. For the Nanaimo Bars, The Donations from The Legion, everything you have helped with, including all your help in the kitchen and the Birthday Cake. Love you both. Al & Diane for all your contributed ideas, your help with taking on the T-shirt sales. The decorations, looked great, and appreciated. Thanks to you both. Al sold his ride recently, and was able to get out for the main ride, Diane even used my helmet so she can go. I think they got the itch to get back out there again. Anne for all your time and dedication to helping with this. Your task of standing on the road side with snacks and water for all the riders was greatly appreciated. Everyone really liked they we had that for them. Thank you!! Bob for all you helped with greeting members when they rode in when I was running around everywhere and trying to be there to greet our guests. Thank you as well!! John -Borg, well we all said we need to take the batteries out of you. Wow all you helped in the committee meetings, gathering all the donations from businesses in the area, the time and amount of driving around doing this over the last year is so appreciated by every single member. For selling off the raffle tickets for the WestJet Package. Cheers to you big guy!! And Thank you to everyone who bought these, the funds going directly to the kids. Grizz, for all the swag you were able to gather, your ideas and contributions to the rally. For driving to Tofino to pick up our two riders. Thank you!!! Brent & Karen, for all your help towards this event, the Birthday Cake, and help where it was needed. We look forward to having you both host our appreciation dinner. Thank you both!! 

To the Paparazzi, Ian Mucker, Ian your videos coming out soon will be treasured for time to come. Taking the Group Photo. All your help and for the Flag that was presented to me and our Chapter, signed by many of you in memory of this amazing weekend. Tony Weddam, who took video drone footage of the Parade on Sunday, thank you for doing this and to Marg from 037 Alberni who helped make this happen, Thank him for us Marg!! To Richard O. for taking as many pictures of the entire event, the snaps of pictures outside the hall trying to get as many members as possible Saturday night. Also for diving Robin’s truck out to the Junction area to pick up our members bike, Bettina with two blowouts.  Thank you for your contributions to recording our rally for everyone to see. And to all of you again for your pictures you have taken thus far of your journeys, your time during the weekend and so much more. Thank you all!!!

To Margo & Snowman, from 037 Thank you for stepping up and getting together a sewing station last minute. Your skills were appreciated by many who took advantage of your service. The donations from this are being put towards the Port Alberni Toy Run. Thanks for all your help in so many areas.

The National Board, thank you for your support and allowance to have the Nanaimo Chapter host this years National Rally. I knew it was a lot to ask a majority of our members to commit to coming so far for this. With your early advice and help I was able to get the officers and committee the confidence needed that we can do this. And boy did we do it up right!!!

To every single last person who attended the Rally, Ride out West 2017, Thank you for your contributions, with your registration and purchasing of tickets for various things to help raise funds for the CWF. I know that the dollar doesn't go as far these days, and the time and commitment from all of you for planning your trips, the unexpected expenditures, it can add up, so THANK YOU for making the 11th Annual National Rally Canadian Motorcycle Cruisers a huge success. Our final $ dollar amount donated will be added up in next couple days. We will announce it soon. It was a pleasure to meet as many of you as I could, and I am looking forward to the friendships gained, growing in time will bring us together all again.

I am probably missing someone in all of this, so Thank You. I apologize if you felt you were not properly thanked in this letter. Cheers to you!!!

All of you need to stand up, take a bow, hug it out and relish in the feeling of accomplishment in being a part of the best National Rally ever!!!

Sincerely,

Michael Hohn

1st Officer

Nanaimo 008

Canadian Motorcycle Cruisers

13 people like this

Well done everyone, you folks have done the CMC proud :)

4 people like this

It was a outstanding National Rally and I for one am very glad Cathy and I could make it! 

Great job everyone and Thanks for the Memories!

3 people like this

All the hard work and dedication by your team was so appreciated Mike!!  We had such a great time and are thankful we could be there.  We have wonderful memories of the rally as well as our journey. 

The CMC family rocks!!!

-Irma

3 people like this

Awesome job

I'm glad we made the trip.  

Thanx for the hospitality. ??

1 person likes this

I am impressed, a stellar job from some very stand up people... and I had the greatest time!

Well done people, my hats off to you all...

thanx so much. 8-)

1 person likes this

On behalf of 092, Haliburton Highlands, Ontario, I would like to say  a huge thank you to all,  for the hard work and long hours you clearly put in, to host the 11th annual rally.  I wish we could've stayed longer to tour your gorgeous province.  So many roads, so little time.

And a huge thank you for picking up our two riders (former 092, now 006 Barrie, Ont.)  in Tofino after their accident.  They are both doing well.

A job well done! Thanks for the memories :)

Cheers

1 person likes this