Pilot

Not receiving email alerts since July

Pilot    76
Pilot

I'm both subscribed to our chapters forum, but also a few threads that I've participated in, yet since July 24'th (the last email I received), I don't appear to be getting email alerts of new posts or replies anymore.   

I'm a Gmail user and have checked my Junk/Spam folder, nothing there.  I've confirmed through various searches that, well...nothing from the CMC National forum has arrived.

A week or so back I tried unsubscribing to the chapter forum and resubscribing, but I'm still missing things that were posted as there, zero notifications received.

• Like 1

CenCom    1,418
CenCom

I haven't got them either, Mark. I do get the like alerts only. I have hotmail. It was great when all the alerts come in.

Stafford    785
Stafford

Hi Folks,

You may adjust your Notification Settings by 

1. Clicking the down arrow beside your User Name (top right).
  2. Then click Account Settings
  3. Under Other Settings (right side) click Notification Settings

Approximately a third of the way down the page, you can adjust what elements show up as a Notification Alert or Email Alert.

There are a couple that are fixed (grayed out) but the majority should be changeable. Also we just had a  security patch applied with the latest version update, so some of the default notification settings may have been inadvertently changed.

Regards

• Like 2

CenCom    1,418
CenCom
7 hours ago, Stafford said:

Hope what I did works but it looked like it was on with a check mark, but it was very faint in colour, than the others and doesn't move. I also touched other stuff( that I can't remember now) so I hope I didn't screw everything up. My new help on this. :-( 

Pilot    76
Pilot
On 9/7/2016 at 11:39 PM, Stafford said:

Hi Folks,

You may adjust your Notification Settings by 

1. Clicking the down arrow beside your User Name (top right).
  2. Then click Account Settings
  3. Under Other Settings (right side) click Notification Settings

Approximately a third of the way down the page, you can adjust what elements show up as a Notification Alert or Email Alert.

Thanks, this may have been the issue - I had indeed previously set these, however many of them were indeed (unexpectedly) turned off again.   I will report back if the emails start flowing again.

FWIW, I do seem to remember stumbling onto that setting page on my iPhone a week or so back when I was trying to remedy the issue, but none of the "switches" worked whatsoever on the mobile browser.  Since I spend probably 90% of my surfing time on mobile, others like myself (or those without a desktop at all) may find this problematic.

Pilot    76
Pilot

That was indeed the issue - emails started arriving again last night.    

• Like 1

CenCom    1,418
CenCom

I still don't get e-mails :-( but do get my likes :-D

Stafford    785
Stafford
9 hours ago, CenCom said:

I still don't get e-mails :-( but do get my likes :-D

I will check things again for you Mary. In the interim, would it be possible to take a screen shot of your Notification settings screen and post it here? Just want to see how you are currently setup.

CenCom    1,418
CenCom
31 minutes ago, Stafford said:

I will check things again for you Mary. In the interim, would it be possible to take a screen shot of your Notification settings screen and post it here? Just want to see how you are currently setup.

I don't have a phone or camera to take a picture, if that is what you mean. I will pm you.

Thanks you Stafford.

Mary

CenCom    1,418
CenCom

Oh Stafford, this is working thank you? ?

You go way beyond your work. A million times thank you. 

Have a super day. :-D

Hugs

Mary

Pilot    76
Pilot

Stafford, just following up on my earlier comments about the switches on the notification page not working on mobile, I just checked again and it seems now they are working fine on my iPhone browser.   

I am running ios10 beta so that may have had something to do with it.   I upgraded to the latest (release candidate) version a few nights back so it may have been a bug on my end (on the previous beta version) versus a forum software issue when I tried last   

Anyhow, all good now - emails are flowing again routinely now.   Thanks!

Stafford    785
Stafford

Awesome. Glad to hear.